Sound Biologics, located in the greater Seattle area, is a clinical stage biotechnology company focusing on the creation of innovative technology and novel therapeutics to better serve patients with cancer, inflammatory and autoimmune diseases.
Sound Biologics is seeking analytical development and characterization scientist to participate in the R&D activities from preclinical studies, process development, through GMP production and IND filings. This is a unique opportunity for a motivated scientist to contribute experimentally, as well as intellectually, in advancing our mission in a supportive, but fast-paced team setting.
- BS or MS degree in analytical chemistry, biochemistry, chemical engineering, or a similar discipline, with 1+ years of related biotechnology industry experience.
- Knowledge of analytical chemistry/separation science and protein biochemistry.
- Experience in using analytical separation techniques, e.g., HPLC, CE-SDS and cIEF.
- Experience in biologics formulation is preferred.
- Experience in LC-MS (e.g., TOF or QTOF) for protein characterization is a plus.
- Good communication, collaboration, multitasking, and troubleshooting skills.
- Good work ethic; motivated to produce high quality data within aggressive timelines.
- Participate in the design, execution, and implementation of experiments for analytical method development, formulation, and characterization under general direction.
- Perform biologic sample testing with HPLC, CE-SDS, and/or cIEF instruments and methods to support protein/mAb engineering, process development, and formulation/stability studies. Timely report and archive sample test results.
- Perform sample preparation for routine analytical testing and LC-MS characterization of biologics.
- Write technical reports, communicate findings, and participate in scientific discussions.
- Prepare and deliver presentations of project results to others, including large and diverse audiences.
- Learn new analytical and formulation techniques and methodologies as needed.
Qilu Puget Sound Biotherapeutics is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Please use the form below to apply directly.