Sound Biologics, a growing Greater Seattle-based start-up biotechnology company with clinical programs and a strong pipeline, is seeking an experienced, creative and drug discovery Senior Associate Scientist/Scientist to help advance our portfolio of MabPair antibodies in Immuno-Oncology and Inflammation. This role will develop and conduct in vitro and ex vivo cellular assays to screen and characterize candidates for MabPair antibody therapeutics; will generate expression constructs and cell lines to test product candidates; will be responsible for the planning, execution, analysis, and documentation of experiments; and will work closely with other research groups across multiple projects. The successful candidate will have a strong background in Immunology and/or Oncology, excellent communication skills, extensive knowledge of flow cytometry, experience in cell-based assays using mammalian primary cells and cell lines, and the ability to work collaboratively with colleagues across functional groups.
- Conceive and develop novel in vitro and ex vivo assays to evaluate antibodies for MabPair combinations
- Design, execute, interpret, and troubleshoot experiments
- Generation and characterization of constructs and cell lines
- Present, communicate and document data clearly and efficiently
- Collaborate and work closely in cross-functional teams
- Proficiency in Immunology and/or Oncology, including murine, human and other species immune systems
- Extensive technical experience in cell-based assays using mammalian primary cells and cell lines, multi-parameter flow cytometry, cytokine analysis and reporter assays
- Excellent organization and communication skills including accurate records and verbal presentation of research
- Ability to multi-task across experiments and projects in a fast-paced environment
- Ability for independent thinking and strongly self-motivated
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS
- Ph.D. in Immunology, Immune-Oncology or Tumor Immunology with postdoctoral experience or M.S. with a minimum of 5 years of relevant work experience or B.S. with minimum of 8 years of relevant work experience in relevant fields
- Previous experience in industry is desirable
- Demonstration of in-depth, scientific-directed, innovative thinking
Sound Biologics offers a team-oriented, stimulating work environment. Competitive compensation, benefits and stock options are offered.
Sound Biologics is an equal opportunity employer.
Please use the form below to apply directly.