Sound Biologics, a growing Greater Seattle-based start-up biotechnology company with clinical programs and a strong pipeline, is seeking an experienced, creative drug discovery Scientist to help advance its portfolio of MabPair antibodies in Immuno-Oncology and Inflammation. As a Scientist you will develop and conduct in vitro and ex vivo cellular assays to screen and characterize antibody candidates for MabPair therapeutics; will be responsible for the planning, execution, analysis, and documentation of experiments; and will work closely with other research groups across multiple projects. The successful candidate will have a strong background in immunology/oncology or a related field, excellent communication skills, extensive knowledge of flow cytometry, experience in cell-based assays using mammalian primary cells and cell lines, and the ability to work collaboratively with colleagues across functional groups.
- Conceive and develop novel in vitro and ex vivo assays to evaluate antibodies for MabPair combinations.
- Design and implement experiments/studies to demonstrate Mechanism of Action.
- Present, communicate and document data clearly and efficiently.
- Collaborate and work closely in cross-functional teams
- Demonstrated knowledge of immuno-oncology and/or inflammation, including murine, human and other species immune systems.
- Extensive technical experience in cell-based assays using mammalian primary cells and cell lines, multiparameter flow cytometry, cytokine analysis and reporter assays.
- Excellent organization and communication skills including accurate records and verbal presentation of work.
- Ability to multi-task across experiments and projects in a fast-paced environment
- Ability for independent thinking and strongly self-motivated
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS
- Ph.D. in Immunology, Immune-oncology or Tumor Immunology with postdoctoral experience, or M.S. with a minimum of 8 years of relevant work experience, BS with a minimum of 12 years of relevant work experience.
- Previous experience of antibody drug development in industry is desirable.
- Demonstration of in-depth, scientific-directed, innovative thinking.
Sound Biologics offers a team-oriented, stimulating work environment. Competitive compensation, benefits and stock options are offered.
Sound Biologics is an equal opportunity employer.
Please use the form below to apply directly.