Sound Biologics, a growing Greater Seattle-based start-up biotechnology company, is seeking a highly-motivated Scientist (level based on experience) to join our biology team. Applicants will be joining a team of energetic, experienced scientists in a fast-paced and highly collaborative environment, applying MabPair technology to produce the next generation of therapeutic antibodies that can target multiple molecules and pathways.
A successful candidate will be a skilled immunologist/cell biologist and/or pharmacologist who directly contributes to the discovery, validation, and development of Sound Biologic’s portfolio of therapeutics. Primary responsibilities will include the design, implementation and oversight of in vitro mechanism of action studies for the development of immuno-modulatory therapeutics. The positions will require broad knowledge of in vitro and in vivo assays to assess immune function. Previous experience in initiating biomarker programs to support therapeutic candidates is a plus.
- Ph.D. degree in immunology, cell/molecular biology or related field (or MS or BS with relevant experience). Industry experience is preferred.
- Demonstrated strong conceptual knowledge and technical expertise in cellular and molecular immunology.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced collaborative team environment, meet timelines, and prioritize workflow on multiple projects.
- Proven track record of leading targeted therapeutic development teams and progressing them through preclinical development
- Ability to critically analyze, interpret, and present data in a clear manner.
- Experienced in preparing written reports and giving oral presentations on research projects.
- Exposure to drug development in the therapeutic areas of immunology, immuno-oncology and/or oncology is strongly preferred.
- Provide hands-on experience and technical expertise in immunology and cancer biology.
- Establish and apply in vitro, in vivo, and ex vivo assays and models to characterize lead candidate molecules.
- Evaluate novel pathways and mechanisms for immunological therapies for combination approaches with Sound Biologic’s candidate molecules.
- Lead scientific project teams in advancing a project from concept to IND application.
- Establish and maintain working relationships with research organizations and collaborators.
Sound Biologics offers a team-oriented, stimulating work environment. Competitive compensation, benefits and stock options are offered.
Sound Biologics is an equal opportunity employer.
Please use the form below to apply directly.