Sound Biologics, a growing Greater Seattle-based start-up biotechnology company with clinical programs and a strong pipeline, is seeking an experienced Senior Research Associate to support studies for development of MabPair antibodies in Immuno-Oncology and Inflammation. Applicants will be joining a team of energetic, experienced scientists in a fast-paced and highly collaborative environment, building new technologies and platforms to produce the next generation of therapeutic antibodies that can target multiple molecules and pathways.
The Senior Research Associate will be responsible for supporting studies to evaluate and develop MabPair antibody therapeutics. The candidate will develop and conduct in vitro and ex vivo cellular assays to screen and characterize candidates; will generate expression constructs and cell lines to test product candidates; will participate in the planning, execution, analysis, and documentation of experiments; and will work closely with other research groups across multiple projects. The individual will have a strong background in immunology and/or oncology, excellent communication skills, extensive knowledge of flow cytometry, experience in cell-based assays using mammalian primary cells and cell lines, and the ability to work collaboratively with colleagues across functional groups.
- Design, execute, interpret, and troubleshoot experiments
- Perform In vitro assays e.g. proliferation, cytokine analysis/ELISA, Myeloid and T-cell bioassays to assess potency and mechanism of action
- Present, communicate and document data clearly and efficiently
- Collaborate and work closely in cross-functional teams
- Proficiency in Immunology and/or Oncology, including murine, human and other species immune systems
- Extensive experience in cell-based assays using mammalian primary cells and cell lines, multi-parameter flow cytometry, cytokine analysis and reporter assays
- Excellent organization and communication skills including accurate records and verbal presentation of work
- Ability to multi-task across experiments and projects in a fast-paced environment
- Ability for independent thinking and strongly self-motivated
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS
- BS with minimum of 6 years, or MS with a minimum of 4 years, or related experience in a relevant scientific discipline
- Previous experience in Industry is desirable
Sound Biologics offers a team-oriented, stimulating work environment. Competitive compensation, benefits and stock options are offered.
Sound Biologics is an equal opportunity employer.
Please use the form below to apply directly.