Sound Biologics, a growing Greater Seattle-based biotechnology company with clinical programs and a strong pipeline, is seeking creative Researcher to help advance its portfolio of MabPair and Bispecific antibodies in Immuno-Oncology, Inflammatory and Autoimmune diseases that will impact human health and reduce the cost of biotherapeutics.
In your role you will design and execute a broad range of in vitro and ex vivo cellular assays to screen and characterize antibody candidates; generate cell lines to test product candidates; will be responsible for the planning, execution, analysis, and documentation of experiments; and will work closely with other research groups across multiple projects.
The successful candidate will have a background in Immunology, Immune-Oncology or Cell Biology, excellent communication skills, working knowledge of advanced flow cytometry, experience in cell-based assays using mammalian primary cells and cell lines, and the ability to work collaboratively with colleagues across functional groups.
- With some supervision design and perform in vitro and ex vivo assays to identify and characterize lead candidate molecules.
- Execute, interpret, and troubleshoot experiments and present results at team meetings.
- Collaborate and work closely in cross-functional teams, support project teams in advancing projects from concept to IND application.
- Hands on Researcher with demonstrated conceptual knowledge and technical expertise in Immunology, Immune-Oncology and/or Cell Biology.
- Technical experience in cell-based assays using mammalian primary cells and cell lines, multi-parameter flow cytometry, cytokine analysis and reporter assays.
- Excellent organization and communication skills including accurate data recording.
- Ability for independent thinking and strongly self-motivated.
- Critically analyze, interpret, and present data clearly.
Education & Experiences
- A Ph.D. with 1-3 years, M.S. with 3-6 years or B.S. with minimum of 6 years of relevant industrial experience in Immunology, Cell Biology and/or Immune-Oncology.
- Demonstration of in-depth, scientific-directed, innovative thinking.
Sound Biologics is committed to building diverse, equitable, and inclusive teams across our organization. If you believe you could be a good fit for the team but don’t meet all the requirements for the position, please consider applying even if your experience doesn’t match all the qualifications; you may be the exact candidate we’re searching for!
The job requires working in a lab and may require handling biological material, including blood and tissue. Work occasionally requires flexible and/or extended hours.
Staff may have to periodically spend extended periods standing/sitting within the lab while executing repetitive work, which also includes:
- Lift <20 pounds regularly
- Lift >20 pounds occasionally
Following all guidelines and protective measures.
Salary Range: $88,000 – $112,000 per year based on skills, education, and experience relevant to the role.
Other compensation elements include:
- Employees (and their families) are covered by medical, dental, vision and basic life insurance.
- Employees are eligible enroll in the Company’s 401(k) plan with a company match.
- Employees are eligible for an equity grant.
- Employees are bonus eligible.
- Employees will receive 1.67 days of paid time off (PTO) every month (20 days per year).
- Employees will also receive 9 paid holidays.
Sound Biologics does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, or based on an individual’s status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Sound Biologics encourages applications from minorities, women, the disabled, protected veterans, and all other qualified applicants.
Please use the form below to apply directly with your resume and cover letter.