Sound Biologics, a growing Greater Seattle-based start-up biotechnology company with clinical programs and a strong pipeline, is seeking creative Senior Research Associate to help advance its portfolio of MabPair antibodies in Immuno-Oncology and Inflammation. As a Senior Research Associate you will work collaboratively on the design and execution of a broad range of in vitro and ex vivo cellular assays to screen and characterize antibody candidates for MabPair therapeutics; generate expression constructs and cell lines to test product candidates; will be responsible for the planning, execution, analysis, and documentation of experiments; and will work closely with other research groups across multiple projects. The successful candidate will have a background in immunology or a related field, excellent communication skills, working knowledge of flow cytometry, experience in cell-based assays using mammalian primary cells and cell lines, and the ability to work collaboratively with colleagues across functional groups.
- With some supervision, design and develop novel in vitro and ex vivo assays to evaluate antibodies for MabPair combinations.
- Execute, interpret, and troubleshoot experiments.
- Hands-on generation and characterization of constructs and cell lines.
- Discuss protocols and associated data with Scientists and Research Associates at meetings and/or through reports.
- Collaborate and work closely in cross-functional teams.
- Proficiency in immunological methods, including murine, human and other species immune systems.
- Technical experience in cell-based assays using mammalian primary cells and cell lines, multi-parameter flow cytometry, cytokine analysis and reporter assays.
- Excellent organization and communication skills including accurate records and verbal presentation of work.
- Ability to multi-task across experiments and projects in a fast-paced environment .
- Ability for independent thinking and strongly self-motivated.
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS
- M.S. in a relevant Biological area with relevant work experience, or B.S. with a minimum of 4 years of relevant work experience.
- Previous experience in industry is desirable.
- Demonstration of in-depth, scientific-directed, innovative thinking.
Sound Biologics offers a team-oriented, stimulating work environment. Competitive compensation, benefits and stock options are offered.
Sound Biologics is an equal opportunity employer.
Please use the form below to apply directly.