Sound Biologics is seeking a Scientist or Senior Scientist with experience in molecular biology and protein sciences to join our Protein Engineering Group in the Seattle area. Sound Biologics is a clinical stage biotherapeutics company focused on the development of novel therapies for treating cancers and autoimmune diseases. This position offers the opportunity to join a dynamic team that is creating and developing novel antibody-based technology platforms and therapeutics. The position will be focused on molecular biology, mammalian cell culture, bioassay development. The successful candidate should be familiar with general cell biology laboratory techniques, have a direct working knowledge of molecular biology, mammalian cell culture, and bioassays, and be capable of working in a fast-paced, collaborative environment.
- Ph.D. degree in immunology, biochemistry, molecular biology, bioengineering or related discipline with at least 2 years of experience (preferred). Senior Scientist: 5 years of relevant experience
- A strong background in molecular biology, protein production, and bioassays. Previous experience in protein/antibody engineering is desired
- Experience with antibody affinity maturation and construction of yeast or phage libraries is a plus
- Knowledge of protein biochemistry and protein characterization techniques including SDS-PAGE and SEC.
- Strong oral / written communication skills
- Work effectively individually and cross-functionally as a part of a larger and diverse group
- Strong problem-solving skills and ability to pay close attention to details
- Excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Flowjo)
- Prior industry experience in therapeutic development, cytokines, and with flow cytometry-based assays is also a plus
- Contribute as an integral member of an exciting clinical stage biotherapeutics company
- Design/make constructs and produce diverse biologics including engineered and bifunctional/bispecific antibodies for characterization and preclinical therapeutic assessment
- Independently design and conduct bioassays to characterize biologics
- Mammalian cell culture and cell line development
- Document and summarize experimental results and communicate findings to the scientific team
- Maintain an accurate and well-organized digital lab notebook and sample inventory
- Proactively propose, identify, and execute ideas to push scientific projects forward
- Problem-solving: Identify problems with experiments and troubleshoot solutions
- Ensure goals and objectives are met and aligned to the broader organizational goals and objectives
Sound Biologics offers a team-oriented, stimulating work environment. Competitive compensation, benefits and stock options are offered.
Sound Biologics is an equal opportunity employer.
Please use the form below to apply directly.