Sound Biologics, a growing Greater Seattle-based biotechnology company, is seeking a highly motivated Scientist to join our Biology team. Applicants will join a team of energetic, experienced scientists in a fast-paced and highly collaborative environment, building new technologies and platforms to produce the next generation of therapeutic antibodies that can target multiple molecules and pathways. More specifically, Sound Biologics is focused on perfecting the power of antibody combination therapies by creating innovative technology to better serve patients through the development of treatments for cancer, inflammatory, and autoimmune disease that will impact human health and reduce the cost of biotherapeutics.
The successful candidate will be a skilled immunologist/cell biologist and/or pharmacologist who directly contributes to the discovery, validation, and development of Sound Biologic’s portfolio of therapeutics. Primary responsibilities will include the design, implementation, and oversight of in vivo mechanism of action studies for assessment of proprietary therapeutics. The positions will require a broad knowledge of in vitro assays and in vivo models to assess function and mechanism of action.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide experience and technical expertise in cancer biology and/or autoimmunity.
- Evaluate novel molecules and mechanisms for immunological therapies for combination approaches with Sound Biologic’s candidate molecules.
- Conceive and provide oversite for in vivo models, through CROs, to characterize lead candidate molecules.
- Hands on Scientist performing in vitro and ex vivo assays to identify and characterize lead candidate molecules.
- Support project teams in advancing projects from concept to IND application.
- Establish and maintain working relationships with research organizations and collaborators.
Qualifications and Requirements
- A Ph.D., or equivalent experience, in immunology, cell biology, pharmacology, or a related field with 1-3 years of relevant industrial experience (or equivalent).
- Demonstrated strong conceptual knowledge and technical expertise in cellular and molecular immunology.
- Expertise in designing and implementing state-of-art in vivo experiments to understand mechanism of action and demonstrate proof of concept for antibody therapeutics.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, collaborative team environment, meet timelines, and prioritize workflow on multiple projects.
- Ability to critically analyze, interpret, and present data clearly.
- Experienced in preparing written reports and giving oral presentations on research projects.
- Demonstrated record of publications and/or presentations at scientific conferences.
- Exposure to antibody drug development in one or more of the therapeutic areas of immunology/autoimmunity, immuno-oncology, and/or oncology is preferred.
- Working knowledge in area(s) of tumor microenvironment, macrophage/dendritic cell biology, or cancer-associated fibroblast biology, a plus.
- Experience supporting research for IND-track research projects and/or clinical programs, a plus.
Sound Biologics is committed to building diverse, equitable, and inclusive teams across our organization. If you believe you could be a good fit for the team but don’t meet all the requirements for the position, please consider applying even if your experience doesn’t match all the qualifications; you may be the exact candidate we’re searching for!
The job requires working in a lab and may require handling biological material, including blood and tissue. Work occasionally requires flexible and/or extended hours.
Staff may have to periodically spend extended periods standing/sitting within the lab while executing repetitive work, which also includes:
- Lift <20 pounds regularly
- Lift >20 pounds occasionally
Following all guidelines and protective measures.
Salary Range: $105,000 – $126,000 per year based on skills, education, and experience relevant to the role.
Other compensation elements include:
- Employees (and their families) are covered by medical, dental, vision and basic life insurance.
- Employees are eligible enroll in the Company’s 401(k) plan with a company match.
- Employees are eligible for an equity grant.
- Employees are bonus eligible.
- Employees will receive 1.67 days of paid time off (PTO) every month (20 days per year).
- Employees will also receive 9 paid holidays.
Sound Biologics does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, or based on an individual’s status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Sound Biologics encourages applications from minorities, women, the disabled, protected veterans, and all other qualified applicants.
Please use the form below to apply directly with your resume and cover letter.